Monday 21 January 2013

Winter in Paris

I know - it's been a while since I posted, and that's not like me. Sometimes I post more than once n a single day!  But I have my reasons, and it's not just the spinning, though I have been pretty busy with it.

I've actually been in Paris for a few days.  Paris, France.  Yes - the one with the Eiffel Tower...



...and I met my blogging friend Quilterliz for a coffee.  How cool is that?????

I love this World Wide Web (thank you Tim!)

It was the first time I've been in Paris when it has snowed - and it was a magical experience.  We were going out for a birthday celebration meal (not mine) and decided to walk and then get the metro rather than use the Autolib' car system that we had planned...

Autolib’: Could Paris’s Electric Car Share Be A Test Case For Cities Around The World?

...but that was OK.

We had the MOST fantastic meal at the Roseval restaurant in the 20th arrondissement - I do wish we had some decent eating places in the limousin!!!!!

I came back home on Saturday evening and woke up on Sunday morning to another white world...

Snow 2

Snow 3

...but it almost all melted away with a bit of rain today, so at least I can get out of my house now!

I stayed in the fantastic Canal Apartment which is next door to my son's flat and a very convenient location.

I took my knitting, of course, and managed to finish Marcus' socks while I was there!

Finished!

Now I'm back to my spinning and trying to knit almost as fast as I spin the yarn (a new problem for me)!





8 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like you had a great time in Paris. Fab snowy pics too. :-)
Maybe you would like to snap something that has made you smile to link on my blog?....after all we can't have too many smiles can we?
Hugs,
A x

Su said...

Lovely snow and great socks - I've just started my very first pair and have won the battle of the heel!

Judith said...

Looks like you had a great time in Paris - I am soooo jealous!

Tea with Prudence said...

'the one with the eiffel tower', lol.

Gosh Penny, those snow photos are absolutely stunning! Especially the first one.

I loved this post. Whisked me away, it did.

cheers
Fi

.x.Helen.x. said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Of course, the big question is: "did you go to La Droguerie?!"

moleymakes said...

As opposed to Paris, Texas?

I've only ever been to Paris in the spring. Glad you had a lovely time. It's nice meeting up with online friends.

We've had snow here in the UK too. It's still here, no sign of a thaw yet.

julie said...

It looks like a wonderful trip Penny and your garden looks so pretty in the snow. Love those socks - one day I must get around to making some myself!

Floss said...

It's great to read your news - I think I need to encourage one of my sons to move to Paris too; it sounds so convenient... only a few years now. I've mentioned you and your helpful advice on my blog post today. Bet you can't guess which bit of advice it was!