Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Sock it to Me

This will be my last experience plying Noro sock yarn, as I'm never going to buy any more (it's ridiculously expensive anyway) so, unless I find another ball in my stash (highly possible as it's a MASSIVE stash) I won't get the chance to experiment further by plying with something different.

I can report however, that this experiment has been an unqualified success - the yarn is now 'balanced' and knitted up a dream.  I have made two hats with flowers from the result and, strangely enough, they both look the same in terms of the way the colour gradient goes.  The second is not quite finished, but here is the first...

Hat top


I think I will have enough yarn left over, too, to make some extra flowers, which I shall make into brooches.

It is time, I think, to make something other than hats with the handspun.  I have already made a bag with the white and lurex I made a while ago.  In fact, I'm not sure I showed you pictures of that, so here it is...

White merino and blue-pink lurex ball

White merino and blue-pink lurex - side

As soon as I've put the bag together with the lining and the handles on, I'lll post a picture!


Evelyn said...

Oh my goodness, your flower is unbelievably charming!

Anita said...

Your flower and hat turned out lovely. Pity about that yarn you used. You will find something nice in your stash to make up for it!! lol.
Cheers, Anita.