Thursday 9 May 2013

Colour Changes...


...and the effects thereof...

This ball of wool, which grades through pink, grey and cream...

Sock wool pink and grey

...produced both of these pairs of socks...

Pink and grey from pink and grey

Pink and cream from pink and grey

...although I had to wind off some yarn to match the second one of the grey and pink pair.  After that, though, I was able to go straight on to the second pink and cream one and get a perfect matching pair.  

As you can see, there is still enough yarn left to make at least another pair, although I'm not sure how easy it will be (if at all) to get a matched pair.

5 comments:

moleymakes said...

I think that self patterning sock yarns are wonderful. I just love knitting with them and watching the pattern or stripes unfold.

Funnily enough, I've been toying with the idea of making some handmade socks for babies and toddlers.

I have lots of leftover sock yarn that isn't enough to make another of pair adult sized socks. I thought it may be a good idea to stick them on Etsy or Folksy and earn some wool money from it.

Annie said...

Oh how pretty Penny. :-)
Hugs,
A x

Justjen said...

The colours are lovely,and great you can get another pair out of it, I'm really into grey this Winter, - Jen.

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Beautiful colour wool. Love the pink and grey. Take care. Liz...

Babajeza said...

:-)