Wednesday 12 June 2013

Success and Failure

I have spent all this morning baking, hanging out washing and ironing.  Not a stitch of knitting done, not a crochet hook picked up.

Mostly the results are good - I made a lemon cake which is just waiting for its icing...

lemon cake sans icing

...a banana and walnut loaf from Delia's Cakes (still in the oven but looking good)...

But the failure was a Garlic and Rosemary Foccacia mix by Wrights, which was a complete flop.  The mix was well in date, and the machine was working OK, so I don't know what went wrong.  When the machine bleeped that it had finished, the loaf looked like this...

Rosemary and garlic foccacia mix in tin

...out of the tin it looks like this...

Rosemary and garlic foccacia mix

It looks and tastes a lot like stuffing...

Anyway, as I was writing this my oven timer informed me that the Banana and Walnut loaf was ready - so here it is!

Banana and Walnut loaf

Looks good enough to eat!!!

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Your cakes look delicious, perhaps you could contact the supplier of the mix and see if they have an answer, they may even replace your mix.

Happy days.
Bev.

Twiglet said...

Fab cakes! I use the bread mix but only on the dough setting. I take it out of my breadmaker after half an hour or so and make it into 2 long flat loaves - cover and leave to rise in a warm place and then bake. It usually works but obviously a bit more work. x Jo