Friday 6 December 2013

F F F Friday

I'm joining Annie with her linky thing today, for some smiles.

There weren't many here early today, when I filled my coffee machine and it poured water all over the worktop...  But I have discovered that you can make coffee quite adequately in a large teapot and strain it into the coffee pot.  Of course, it doesn't keep the rest hot, but, for the moment, the microwave still works, so I can just use that for re-heating.

I AM getting some smiles, watching the birds eating the seed I've put out for them.  In particular, a little robin, or maybe two, has been visiting, although the blue tits tend to frighten him/her away...

The weather has turned colder, but it IS December, so it was to be expected - but today is a little warmer than it has been and the frost was not so hard this morning.  I am using up my wood at a rate of knots, however, and bringing in a trolley-load each day...

Trolley with wood

This much wood will last me a day and a half, hopefully...

wood in kitchen

...but there's not much left in the woodshed now...

Wood left today 2

...and it certainly won't last me through the winter!

But right now I'm keeping the home fires burning...

Fire - doors open

..although it's best to keep the door SHUT to avoid being smoked out...

Fire going

...although you can't feel the warmth as much that way.

Fluffy Baubles


Cuddled up (or is it huddled up?) in front of the fire, I've been knitting more fluffy Christmas baubles - or Tribbles, as my son calls them...



Ok-so not the greatest song in the world, but it makes me smile, anyway!

And here are the Tribbles baubles I've completed so far...

4 balls

10 comments:

Annie said...

Fab post Penny. Thanks for joining in the fun today.
Hugs,
Annie x

Hettie said...

I know exactly where you are coming from with the wood saga! We seem to be using it quicker than we can get together to fetch, cut, chop and stack. Me being the chief fetcher and stacker! I have an aversion to the chain saw after the knee incident. Love that red stove!
Loving your tribles too!
Hugs
xx

Babajeza said...

I could not bear the feeling of not having enought wood for the whole winter. I assume you will get more sooner than later ....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for visiting while I slept. Your red stove is gorgeous. I wish I had one of those, since natural gas is SO expensive in the US. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have a back up system.

Loved the "tribble" baubles. They are adorable.

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely post but I do hope you can find enough logs as I would hate you to freeze!
Jo x

Sharon said...

Keep warm Penny and keep those Tribbles coming.....get enough of them and you can snuggle inside a big bunch of them and you'll be nice and cosy warm!
Big hugs Sharon xx

Elizabethd said...

They look like little coloured hedgehogs curled up!

Twiglet said...

That wood burner looks so cosy. Great woolly baubles too - not sure I could manage those - they look a bit tricky. Think I will needle felt a few little items for my tree this year. x Jo

Nan G said...

Love your red stove but so glad I don't have to heat with a wood burner. Tribbles! Love 'em! Hugs from FL.

Anita said...

Oh boy....our weather at Christmas time is always very hot. Oh to have a cold Christmas. lol. Love the baubles.
Cheers, Anita.