Tuesday 1 August 2017

Summer's Back!

I know that because the mower's broken again.  Grrrr!!!!!!  Philippe came and picked it up this afternoon.  You will note that we are now on first name terms 😊

This time it's the new cable that they put in - it has pulled out of its fixing.  I hope they don't charge me for this, I'm getting a bit fed up with the mower saga.

I may write a book...

I've been dashing about today.  First I went to Jersey Laitiere again to take some butter pats to hang on the wall.   The lady (I must ask her name) was making mint choc chip ice cream...

Making mint choc chip ice cream


Making mint choc chip ice cream
Tomorrow they are making butter so I'm aiming to go again. 🙂

Then I went to the Confolens Intermarché for petrol and some bits of food, and on the way home, Janet phoned me with a suggestion that we meet for lunch.  So off I went to Bellac, where we discovered that the place we had in mind was closed!  But, heigh ho, we went round the corner and found a little place where they made us a 3 cheese pizza from scratch - and it was delicious!  then we had a look round Maximum (a charity shop) and Janet bought a gorgeous walnut wardrobe. Just have to arrange collection and delivery to her new house now. I wish I had taken a photo, it is really lovely.

It's a beautiful evening tonight, and the forecast for the rest of the week is good too, so I really think it may be summer again...






2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Jersey Laitiere sounds a fascinating place.

Babajeza said...

Summer is definitely back. Enjoy your ice cream! :-)