Thursday 14 March 2019

A Hint of Dead Mouse

I've got a cold so I'm just sitting in the living room with the log burner blazing away, keeping warm. It's the tail end of the cold (I hope) and I have regained my sense of smell.  Which is unfortunate.  Because I now realise that the room has a distinct smell, and despite the fact that I am making little hanging hearts filled with lavender...





...the smell is decidely NOT lavender.

In fact, the smell is definitely not floral in any way - unless the flower is Deadly Nightshade.

But the DEAD bit is correct. I'm pretty sure the smell is dead mouse - although it could be dead vole - or dead lizard. I found a lizard tail on the floor the other day, so it could be the rest of that reptile!

Meanwhile I'll continue with the lavender hearts and leave the  search for the cadaver until later!


2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Oh dear!!

Babajeza said...

I know exactely what you are talking about. :-) During heating season it doesn't happen that often at our house ,,,, All you can do is sit and wait. All the best, Regula