Wednesday 5 June 2019

Requiem for an Old Friend


See that silver car on the right? On the day this picture was taken, she went to that big scrapyard in the sky.
Well, actually the scrapyard not far from our current home in Les Granges. 😢
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
That car has given me faithful service over 13 years and about 300.000 kilometers. She was an old friend and I miss her.
We almost got home on the day she gave up the fight, but fortunately Roy was following me in his car (the one on the left) and was able to tow me home.
Yesterday the young guy from the breakers yard came and took her to her last resting place.
Adieu lovely car.

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Very sad...but hopefully another will replace it?
Lovely house.

Babajeza said...

I'm sorry for you loss. What a wonderful car she was. 300 000 km. How many times around the world?

Anna said...

Bienvenu au nouveau ?
Bonne journée !
Anna