Wednesday 17 October 2007

17th October

I've spent most of today making a knitted bag, to be for sale on the Cool Crochet website eventually. It's amazing how long it takes to do things - the bag sides are quite quick to do...


...but then it takes ages to make the handles and do the 'fur' edging, sew the thing together.... and THEN it has to be lined. That's the hard part for me, 'cos my material is in plastic boxes all over the place and it'll be a hard job finding just the right piece, unless I'm incredibly lucky.

Here's how the finished bag (sans lining) looks:

Two skeins of a rather yummy yarn arrived in the post today - Sidhe Silk from Lime & Violet. It is 50% silk and 50% merino and is beautifully soft. It's a cobweb weight so will be shawls or scarves unless I decide to use it double...



Now, just as I was leaving Blogger, having finished today's message, I saw a link to another blog - the "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks so I went and had a look. This reminded me of my pet hate back in England - the apostrophe s where a word should be plural. Such as pea's, and bean's (passing a greengrocers was a pet horror for me). Now that I live in France, life is much less stressful in this respect, as the French don't use the apostrophe s to denote possession. Maybe not the only reason to consider relocating to France, but certainly a very good one!

No comments: