Saturday 29 March 2008

29th March 2008

Springtime

Today has been sunny (and warm) and it really feels like Spring. I bought some jonquils the other day and they are scenting the whole room.


The clocks go forward tonight too, so there'll be an extra hour of light in the evenings. Time to start sitting out on the terrace with a glass of wine...

Bedroom Carpets

The carpet fitter says he is coming over next Wednesday and will fit my carpets on Thursday. As I am starting for Caen early on Friday morning, this is cutting it a bit fine, I feel. Still, he assures me he is so good he can easily do a whole house in one day.... (now you know why I have a little nagging doubt)

Painting

One bedroom is nearly finished, and the skirting will be done for the other, at least, before the carpet fitter comes. I won't get the bed up in the first room before I go, but Joan and I can probably sort that out when we come back. It all comes to pieces, so it's just a matter of being able to reassemble it...

Teddy Bears

I have been knitting a teddy from a pattern by Fuzzymitten.com and it's been great fun. The first attempt was rather comical:

But the second one came out rather well:


Now I'm going to make them some clothes.

No comments: