Saturday 11 October 2008

The Bag Lady's Labels

I've just finished sewing little labels in all of my bags (that I've found so far) and it's not a quick and easy task. My thimble kept falling off my finger, which is now full of little holes, and the cotton kept tangling up, and I seemed to be incapable of sewing a label on straight...



... anyway, I had a bit of a fright in the middle of it all. I was listening to a rather scarey ghost story that my brother sent me (The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert) and it had just got to the bit where the people staying in the house could hear banging from a cupboard...

Suddenly a shape rushed past me and there was a banging on the window... I tell you, I dropped the bag I was sewing and my heart was thumping louder than the banging. It was a little bird that had flown in through the top half of the open back door (it's a stable door) and thought it could fly straight through, I guess. Anyway, it obviously didn't hurt itself because after a couple of abortive thumps on the window it turned round and flew back out of the other door.

I'm going to need a glass of wine now - for medicinal purposes, you understand...

No comments: