Friday 21 November 2008

China In My Hand

Yes, lots of china - I've been unpacking boxes.

I'm selling at a little Craft Fair tomorrow and I thought I'd unpack a couple of boxes of china and see if there was anything I could use for displaying my crafts on. I found lots of stuff...



...and there's more here:

...and a lot of it is going to have to go - I just don't know where I can put it in this house!
I'd post it on my website, but I don't want to be sending china all over the world...

EDF Shop Visit

Yesterday I double-booked. Helene had arranged for EDF to come to the shop to connect the electricity, but I had arranged for Weldom to come and deliver the stove and freezer, because I was convinced the EDF visit was Wednesday! It seemed best to leave a key for the EDF man at the Maison Bleue and be at home for Weldom. However, there was a complication with the electricity and today I got a once-removed telling-off from EDF for not being at the shop. It seems the man needed to speak to me and only me and no-one else would be of any use. So - I have to wait in next Tuesday for a phone call (between 8 and 12) and must not leave the house on pain of death! Hopefully they will arrange another visit, but I'm sure they will moan at me too.

Bl**dy bureaucracy!

The water board have not been back in touch either, since they discovered they could not turn the water on as someone had tarmacked over their stopcock in the road! ...and I'm still waiting for the French roofer to come back with his quote...

...think I might just hibernate until Spring...

No comments: