Saturday 12 February 2011

Butterfly Mind

I thought that, as I got older, I would conquer my inability to concentrate on any one thing from conception to finished product.  However, with the Internet I find that, if anything, I am worse!


For example I was concentrating on finishing some socks for my son, Jason, that I started about two years ago...


Jason's socks


...but then I looked at some beautiful yarn I had and decided to make myself a new phone cover...


Silk phone cover


...and then, looking on a blog which directed me to YouTube, I saw a rose that you crocheted and then sort of wound up and sewed, and thought I'd have a go at that...


Crochet rose


...yes, I know there are no turquoise roses except on teasets!


Then I thought I'd try the rose pattern in mercerised cotton (the fine stuff, used double) of which I have quite a large stash, but I didn't like it, so ended up making my Lavender Sachet rose, and of course,  a lavender sachet to put it on (had to make three, of course)...


Lavender sachets


And then I read Marigold Jam and decided I must take a picture of my hand...


my hand


... and get the pattern for the lovely hearts she knitted...



...and get started on knitting one straight away!

(...wonder which butterfly I am)!



3 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I think we are probably all the same - making one thing triggers the inspiration to do another and so on and since the ideas come faster than we can actually make/do them we end up with loads of started things and many UFOs! Love the litte roses - you have set me off now!! Thanks for the mention too.

JAne

Gillian said...

ah....but it's a very productive 'Butterfly Mind' :)

Beautiful pieces!!! :)

- said...

I just love that turquoise rose!