Sunday 10 April 2011

Westward Ho!

I've been away for a few days, staying with a friend in Devon.  The weather was glorious and I had a wonderful, relaxing time.  One day we went to Westward Ho, which has a beach of stones, contained by a huge bank of stones of all sizes. 


Bernie and Richard at Westward Ho


 I brought home some of the small ones...


Westward Ho stones


...I covered one with crochet, for Bernie to use as a paperweight, but I forgot to take a photo of it!


We went all over the place, visiting Bideford and Barnstaple and a sweet little place called Instow, which is across the water from Appledore...


Looking from Instow to Appledore
View of Appledore from Instow


...and went back there one night for a meal at the Wayfarer Inn and it was a good job we had booked a table, as the good weather had brought everyone out that day and they were turning people away!


I took a ball of sockwool I had bought in Farnham last week (see this post) to make socks for Max.  I made two pairs and am now on the third!


April socks for Max


It's a great colourway for a little boy!


On the way back I stopped in Honiton for coffee and some food at the Boston Tea Party café...


Boston Tea Party


 ...where the guy who served me made this fabulous heart on the top of coffee, just by the way he poured in the milk!


Coffee heart



1 comment:

Joy said...

You had a lovely vacation! The destination spots sound wonderful, love those pretty smooth stones. I'll check out the links and be jealous that I can't visit these places! The socks are wonderful, and yes, a great colorway. You are quite talented. Nice to have you back.