Wednesday 8 June 2011

Another Day, Another DIY Project...

Well, not exactly a NEW project - just more on the old one!

Today I glued those bricks in place above the door and gave the walls another coat of paint.  It took a long time to scrape all the plaster off the oak uprights and then I oiled them.  They look pretty good now, I think, but it's all they're getting, anyway.

bricks in place

I've been working all day on this wall, although I spent a couple of hours sewing together two lengths of old Sanderson cotton and hand-hemming the sides to make a curtain for the window...

Curtain material1

...the colours in this first photo are very true (on my screen, anyway)...

Curtain material2

The fabric is an old Sanderson cotton print called Mielle...

Mielle fabric

...but I'm not sure how old it is as I can't find any information about it.

Now I need to get a curtain pole so I can hang it! Then another coat of white on the door frame going into the kitchen and (except for that tricky bit above the door) the room's finished!

I have some plasterboard in the Dependances so I'll see if I can glue that in place tomorrow!

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

Anything by Sanderson is lovely, and that is a particularly pretty design. It will compliment the wall colour.