Saturday 11 August 2012

Bye Baby Bunting

I never was sure why this little lullaby had that title...now I guess that it means go to sleep.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you some crochet bunting I've just made.  There are two strings of bunting, one made for a boy, the other for a girl.  They are in pure cotton and stiffened with PVA adhesive so they hang without curling.

Baby Bunting

The front string in the picture is in two shades of pink and two shades of green and the back string is two shades of blue with two shades of green.  Both strings comprise 21 little flags.

The pattern is my own - Little Crochet Flags, which is FREE on Ravelry.

4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Might bunting be a thin sort of fabric from which flags are made and might the song be about daddy going a hunting to find a rabbit skin which would be warmer perhaps? Your bunting looks good.

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. They look fabulous. I love the choice of colours you have used. Well done. Take care. Liz...

Crafty in the Med said...

Great combination of colours Penny.
I also like your new blog decor!


Keep well

Amanda :-)

Floss said...

That stiffening is a good idea...

Thanks for your guess - you are right, we didn't head north! I've just added an extra clue to my post, so it might be a bit more obvious now...