Thursday 9 August 2012

Vintage Top

I have a vintage top to show you today.  In fact - it's for sale...

It was given to a friend of mine by an elderly lady (in her 80s) but my friend is not into vintage stuff and gave it to me as she knew I could tat.  It is all hand-made, including the lining, which is hand-stitched too.

Tatted top

The medallions which make up the top are made in a multi-coloured cotton, and I know that each one would have taken a long time to make.  Goodness knows how many hours it took to make the whole top! The colours are a bit brighter than the picture shows...

Tatted top, close

The top slips over the head and fastens down the side with large press fasteners...

Tatted top, side closure

Tatted top, side closure, close

The width of the entire top is 34 inches (86.5 cm) so it is quite a small size - possibly fitting a 32" bust.  It is also quite short - only 19 1/2 inches (49.5 cm) from shoulder to bottom edge.

I have no idea what this top would sell for - if you are interested, email me with an offer...  It is fairly light, so would not cost too much to post.

3 comments:

Annie said...

How beautiful Penny. Tatting is the one craft that I haven't mastered.
Hugs,
A x

Marigold Jam said...

It's lovely - sadly my days of a 32 inch bust passed back when I was about 12!! Tatting is so delicate isn't it. Somebody will love it.

quilterliz said...

G'day penny. That is just gorgeous. I wish I could fit into it, but alas, I can't. I hope you find someone who will appreciate it. Take care. Liz...