Sunday 21 October 2012

In the Words of the Song...

...we're almost there! ! ! ! !

I've finished the knitting of the teacosy...

nearly finished...

...and it's looking good!

sheep detail

Hopefully all the lumpy, bumpy bits will settle down once it's blocked,  I've still got to cut the steeks and finish off the bottom edge, so I'm just hoping nothing goes wrong in those processes.  If it does I fear this might be a project that ends in the bin!

I love the design of the top...

top detail

...well, actually I love the whole of the design, though I DID NOT enjoy knitting it.  The wool is scratchy and a little bit fragile, some parts are a little thicker than others. The white is definitely nicer to use and more consistent than the brown - perhaps it depends on the quality of a particular fleece.

Anyway, I am going to have a break from it for the rest of today and resume with the cutting etc. tomorrow.

10 comments:

Debra in France said...

Well done Penny. I can't wait to finish mine. I agree with you about the yarn. The white is lovely and thick, the orange (instead of your brown) is very thin in places. I wouldn't want a jumper out of this yarn, very itchy an scratchy. Maybe we could cut our steeks together, the prospect of cutting knitting is scary!

Angela said...

Well done- this has been truly a labour of love, and I admire your perseverance.

Lilbitbrit said...

I think it's lovely. I'm in awe.

Chrisy
Lil Bit Brit

Annie said...

Well done you. Was it third time lucky...or fourth, or fifth? I give you 10/10 for perseverance :-)
Hugs,
A x

Babajeza said...

It's lovely. In no time you won't remember the "pain" of making it. :-)

MarmaladeRose said...

Well done, I'd have given up long ago, lol. It's been worth all the frogging. Lovely.

moleymakes said...

Well done Penny. I would have probably given up by now.

You're very brave. Steeking is something I've not attempted yet. The whole idea of cutting into my knitting just fills me with dread and fear. It's like a voice in my head going nooooooooooooo ;)

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Oh, good on you. What a fabulous job you have done of it. It looks wonderful. Take care. Liz...

tales from a handmade home said...

Fabulous job. x

Claire said...

Your teacosy is amazing Penny, I love it.
Despite the issues you had with the yarn, it's turned out well and I do hope it doesn't end up in the bin....

Claire :]