Tuesday 25 December 2012

Spending Christmas on Your Own...

...is not as bad as you might think ( although I would much rather be spending Christmas with my family) - at least I am free to do whatever I like (such as spinning at 4.30 am).  I can also eat whatever I like, so for my dinner this evening I had a flute of champagne... and a toasted sandwich! Perfect.

Incidentally, early this morning, after the spinning, I designed and crocheted a tea cosy. It fits so tightly to the pot I've called it a 'Hug'.

Teapot Hug 3

Teapot Hug 2

Now I am working on a commission - a pair of socks in merino for my son-in-law to wear whilst cycling.  Apparently it's pretty nippy out there on a bike...

6 comments:

Carol said...

Some people are alone but not lonely, you sound like one of those people but I'll still send a virtual hug to match your lovely teacosy one.
Carol xx

Tea with Prudence said...

Sounds pretty good Penny when you can hsve a menu like that!
Merry Christmas Penny.

cheers
Fi

Claire said...

Hey Penny, you're right you can please yourself when on your own......
Sounds like you are making the most of this time and creating lots of wonderful things. Your teapot 'hug' is
certainly well named and no doubt will get plenty of use......

CLaire x

Debra in France said...

I love your teapot hug. Sending you big hugs for christmas because you are such a lovely friend and we are lucky to know you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

moleymakes said...

It's sometimes nice to spend the time alone. As Carol said, you can be alone but not lonely. At the same time you can be surrounded by people but feel lonely. Strange that isn't it?

At least you were able to please yourself and spend the day as you wanted to.

Enjoy the rest of the festivities x

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. I guess there are advantages of being on your own and you don't sound as though it worried you unduly! Love the "hug". Take care. Liz...