Monday 22 April 2013

Something Concrete

At the back of the house where I'm staying is a row of quirky houses, built in the 60s by Waites, called Ranch Houses.  There seems to be a fashion lately to create a basement under these houses rather than sell and move (well, this is a lovely area of London) and over the past couple of months excavations have been taking place.

Today the concrete floor slab was poured (well, I think that was what was going on) with these big-boy lorries involved just outside my window...

Concrete 2

Concrete 1

Good to see that people love where they live this much.


3 comments:

Babajeza said...

Very interesting. I've never heard of such an extension to a house. Let's hope the houses don't implode under construction. ;-)

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Looks interesting. Take care. Liz...x

Joy said...

I wonder if they have found anything interesting during their digs??